M to the left E G A N

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My thoughts on SMART Board

To be honest, learning to use the SMART Board seems to be really overwhelming. However, I'm really excited about all the neat things that teachers can use the board for. I'm really hoping that when I begin teaching, I will have one in my classroom or at least one available for use. Like we saw in class today, you could easily design a math lesson that would allow students to interact with the material. You could easily take any subject and create an interactive lesson that could involve all of your students. Using the SMART Board could allow the teacher to get students involved instead of just "talking at" them all day. Another interesting way that a teacher can use the SMART Board is to make an interactive geography lesson. I noticed that they have images of different countries and you could easily label key locations. There are no limitations to the way the teachers can use the SMART Board in their classrooms.

1 comment:

Prof. Sorenson said...

I hope that soon all teachers will have an interactive white board available to them. Even though the cost per board is high ($1,500.), it seems that it is one of the greatest tools available since it enables students to learn in a way that is natural and easy for them, and also provides teachers will a teaching tool that opens the door to many exciting opportunities. And it is also effective for every grade level and for every subject. Hope you enjoy the time you will have with the SMART Board this semester and the rest of your time here at NU! It will look good on your resume.