This article drew to my attention the fact that the education system needs to be revolutionized. Considerable changes need to be made so that students can be successful and engaged in the classroom setting. As I future teacher, I realize that if I want to be successful, I need to integrate technology into my subjects.
As a nanny I have already begun to notice how children become enamored with technology even at a surprisingly young age. One of my girls, age 6, showed me her new iPod today and expressed her wishes for a cell phone on her next birthday. To be honest, I was completely shocked. However, after reading this article, it only makes sense to me that children are becoming attached to technology and a younger age. As educators, we need to realize this phenomenon and do something about it.
One of the questions this article raised in my mind was how we can incorporate more technology into the classroom. What tools do we need? I realize that the education system needs a group of leaders and managers to make this happen. The leaders must devise a plan, and the managers must implement and execute the plan. I do believe this change in education needs to take place sooner rather than later.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment