M to the left E G A N

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Class Reflection #6

Lately I have been feeling that I am pretty useless in my classroom. I know we are there to observe and soak up as much as we can, but I'm ready to do more. However, today I felt so encouraged. We have a new student who has just recently begun attending Northshore and has been really struggling in almost every subject. I usually administer the spelling test and I when I grade this student's spelling test, I have to correct almost every single word. Today was different. Before the test, my teacher had me work one on one with the student- going over the words and helping them to remember tips for spelling the tricky words. When I went to grade their spelling test, I was so excited to see that they were all correct! 100%! I know that this is such a small feat, but I feel like I was able to help. I couldn't help but be extremely proud of this young student. It's amazing how God gives us encouragement when we need it the most!

No comments: