M to the left E G A N

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Class Reflection #3

Something that I've noticed as I've been in the classroom is that Miss Hill, my cooperating teacher, does not talk down to the second grade class. She doesn't baby talk to them or act like they aren't able to comprehend certain language. Miss Hill doesn't talk above or below her students, but right at their level. I know that is something that I struggle with, especially as I nanny. As a teacher, I want to encourage my students to work on their communication skills and strive toward improving their language.

1 comment:

Laura Mercier said...

Its great that you notice that Megan! I think this is something all elementary teachers should work on because how we speak to our students reflect on how our students learn. We shouldn't baby them or push them to hard but instead we should meet them in the middle, I think you can do that very thing.